Never buy boxed croutons again! I love the idea of homemade anything and these are seriously fool proof! Ready in about 15 minutes from start to finish.
-leftover bread: French, sourdough, etc
-spices: cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper. Get creative :)
1. Preheat oven: 400-425 deg F.
2. Cut your bread of choice into small bite sized pieces and blace into a large bowl
3. Drizzle with olive oil and toss/coat
4. Season to taste with your herbs/spices of choice. Avoid salt, you don't need it!
5. Toss the bread again and transfer to your baking sheet
6. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, and you're done!
Note: if you want crunchier croutons turn them at 6 minutes and bake for another 6. I like 10 minutes because they are crisp on the outside but still a little "bready" when you bite into them, yum!
Use in salads immediately or store and use within 3-5 days.