It was 6pm and I had no idea what to make for dinner. I took note of my ingredients available and came up with something very delicious and on the table within 45 minutes.
Rosemary Chicken w/Goat Cheese and Balsamic Vinegar Reduction
-Nonstick cooking spray
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-Dried or fresh rosemary
-Ground Black Pepper
1. Spray large frying pan with cooking spray and preheat
3. In a separate saucepan, place 1 cup of balsamic vinegar and heat to boiling, turn down heat to simmer for about 8-10 minutes. Turn off heat once the vinegar is reduced by 1/2.
Place chicken into a large plastic ziploc bag . Carefully flatten out chicken using a kitchen mallet or other heavy object.
4. Remove chicken from bag and place onto cutting board.
5. Season the chicken with pepper, garlic powder and rosemary.
6. Place chicken into pan, and cook for 3 minutes. Turn chicken and drizzle with some Olive Oil and balsamic reduction, reserve about 1/4 cup for plating.
7. Cover pan and cook for 5-10 more minutes or until cooked through.
8 . Arrange chicken onto plate, top with goat cheese and drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
9. Pair it with your favorite side
List of Ingredients
-Fingerling potatoes, the more colorful the better (purple, red, brown - don't use Idahoan baking potatoes)
-Garlic powder, pepper, rosemary, other spices (avoid ones with sodium/salt)
1. Wash all potatoes under cool running water, dry
2. Cut potatoes into coins
3. Wash asparagus
4. Cut asparagus in half and combine with fingerlings
5. Mix in Olive Oil, spices and place in oven (375 deg F) to cook for 20 minutes.
6. Pair with your favorite entree or add to a salad, eat by itself or share with a friend!